Cannabis thought leaders

Knowledge is power. Arm yourself with the understanding of cannabis, cannabinoids, and how it works with your body.

Compoud Breakdown


An isolate is created when a specific cannabinoid, such as THC or CBD, is refined to its purest of 99%. An isolated cannabinoid is stripped of terpenes, flavors and even the plant wax – thus crystalizing it.

Isolates are used for a variety of reasons. As it is the purest form of a cannabinoid, it can be measured more succinctly, thus making isolates easier to use in medicine, cosmetics or supplements. Essentially, isolates are relied upon to be an accurate, pure dose of THC or CBD.

Key Benefits of Isolates

• CBD isolates are useful for those who do not want to ingest any other cannabinoids, such as THC.

• THC isolates can be used for a variety of medical reasons, such as reducing pain, nausea and insomnia.

Found in:



A distillate is a refined but less pure form of a cannabinoid.

Unlike isolates, distillates do not come in a crystalized form because there are remaining cannabinoids in the dose. Less refined than their isolated counterparts they have a purity rate of anywhere between 80 – 90%, with the other 10% is comprised of fats, lipids and other organic compounds While some distillates contain terpenes, Herb Angels distillates do not.

Key Benefits of Distillates

• Due to the Entourage Effect, distillates are more effective and diverse in the effects they have on the human body due to the Entourage Effect.

• Distillates are best used for recreational or medicinal use and are more common than isolates due to their diverse effects on the body.

Found in:


Full Spectrum Cannabis Oil

RSO, recreationally known as phoenix tears, is a THC oil that is; highly concentrated, very potent and has limited refinements.

RSO uses various solvents to extract the cannabinoids. The most common solvent used to produce RSO is grain alcohol, however, other solvents like ethanol or butane are sometimes used.

RSO is created when cannabis flower is placed in a container and alcohol is added. The entire mixture is stirred and crushed into the alcohol. After a time, the alcohol evaporates from the remaining plant material. That mixture is then heated, so that the residual alcohol evaporates. The end-product is a high potency oil often dark in color with a thick consistency.

Key Benefits of Full Spectrum

  • Strong euphoric effects
  • Reduce the growth of cancer cells
  • Relieve anxiety
  • Reduce/relieve pain
  • Induce sleep
  • Increase appetite
  • Nourish the skin
  • Improve heart health with its powerful antioxidants

RSO can be taken topically or ingested. It is not recommended to smoke or dab RSO. When eating RSO, it is recommended to use a more liquid dish, and to add sauce or flavor for a better taste. If ingesting with a syringe, it is recommended to put the syringe under hot water before dispensing for easier use; however, if not ingested with food, it can stick to your teeth or mouth.

Found in:



Knowledge is power. Arm yourself with the understanding of cannabis, cannabinoids, and how it works with your body.

What is the endocannabinoid system and how does it work in your body?

What is cannabis and why is it known for its healing and wellness benefits.

What is the difference between THC and CBD and other cannabinoids?

What are isolates and distillates and what is best for me?

From CBD to THC and each product group in between.

One-liners for products and practices. Detailed ingredient info, and more.